- iOS 12 is here.
- Apple announced the newest version of its mobile operating system at its Worldwide Developers Conference in June, and launched it to the public in September, just days before shipping the new iPhone XS and XS Max.
- But if you just updated your phone to iOS 12 — or maybe you bought a new iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, or iPhone XR — we put a guide together to help you get familiar with the new software.?
- Check out the 11 most useful features in iOS 12.
1. One of the best features in iOS 12 is completely hands-off. The software is much more efficient than past versions, and works wonders on older devices.
Apps launch up to 40% faster on the iPhone 6S, for example, and you can snap photos up to 70% faster. The system is generally smarter about when to use power, too.
2. A new iOS 12 app called Measure lets you measure distance and length using augmented reality.
Just point your phone's camera at what you want to measure, then tap and drag a line with your finger to create a measurement. The Measure app can automatically detect the size of photos and other rectangular images.
3. Apple's Photos app got a makeover in iOS 12.
The new "For You" tab lets you see photos you took that day in past years, and shows you previews of how Apple-made special effects could be applied to your photos.
There are also new search suggestions for people, places, and even categories of photos. iOS 12 can even detect which friends are in your photos and offer to send those photos to them.
See the rest of the story at Business Insider
Credit: Hollis Johnson